Wednesday, February 18, 2004

He's Baaaaack!

Believe it or not, the Little Latvian has returned to your and my Carolina Hurricanes...with mixed feelings amongst the faithful at FanHome and LetsGoCanes.com.

Update: Ok, now that I've gotten over the shock of seeing and hearing about Irbe's return...my shave, haircut, and two bits: While some are saying bringing Irbe back is a horrible idea and others think that it's wonderful, I am reserving judgement and waiting to see the dude play one or two games. As one of my LGC allies, Tommy, stated: desperate times call for desperate measures. And who knows? Irbe certainly hasn't been his worst this season. Then again, ECHL hockey is a far cry from NHL hockey...but, maybe this will give Irbe, along with the Canes, a boost. We will know once and for all come possibly Thursday night...rumor already has it that Irbe might be in net against the Leafs.
|