Thursday, March 18, 2004

The Ronnie Watch - March 18th, 2004: Leafs at Flyers

God, how I've been wanting to say this: Take THAT Guyute*! You and your team with cajones...3-2, Leafs. Ronnie had no points and no shots on goal.

* - Fellow LetsGoCanes.com ally who's also quite a fan of Philly.

BTW, there is an ok article up at the Leafs' official site about the Franchise playing for them...I say "ok" because of one wittle line that irks me.

"I'm going to fast-forward to May 23, 2002. There we were, Ron and me. Eastern Conference Finals. A gritty Toronto team, a little dinged up, but generally favoured over the upstart Carolina Hurricanes. (What? Carolina? They have a team now?)"

Yes they do, ding-dong..."Carolina's team" happens to be the Hartford Whalers that you thought were so trivial BECAUSE OF RONNIE'S PLAYING FOR THEM.

I seriously hate calling the author "ding-dong" because other than what is getting to be such a trite "joke"/comment from the Toronto AND Detroit faithful to name a few, the dude shows a genuine appreciation for Ronnie, AND the article is actually pretty good. Then again, being nuts for Francis and all, I am admittingly a little biased. ;)
|