Tuesday, May 18, 2004

The Worst Hockey Team Logos Ever

Except for the presence of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks' logo, (which, in all honesty, I''ve never found to be *that* bad...) most of the logos found on that site are real humdingers. My favorites...

- These *definitely* had to be done by the same artist. Perhaps that triangle guy from Seinfeld? Anyway, the logo for the Buffalo Stampede looks an awful lot like that cyclone dude/thing that always chased Mathman on Square One...

- Ok, lemme get this straight: The team's name is the Rockets, yet their mascot is a dragon? In the words of Bull from Night Court, oh-kay. I know I am one to talk with my favorite team's mascot being a hog and all, but at least a hog has ties to the Carolina region.

- My History of Marvel Comics coffeetable book happens to have the picture of Captain America this logo ripped off...

- Speaking of comic books, is it just me, or does this one look like the answer to "What if David Copperfield was a Batman villain?"?

- "Iceshark." is just not nearly as laugh-evoking as "Landshark."...even though the latter is easily what I envision this logo uttering.

It's rather appropriate that we are now in a 70's mood with the following coming up...last, but certainly not least:

- I don't know what kills me more, the name or the logo. "Macon Whoopie" is one of those names that make me go "Oh, how cute." and "Oh my god!" at the same time. And what the heck does a Maple leaf, or whatever the heck kind of leaf that is, have to do with whoopie? Do they even know what "Making whoopie" means? Did or does Bob Eubanks have a part?
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home