Sunday, February 19, 2006

It's Been Such A Bittersweet Day...

...I have had the best pool performance I've had since we got our Olhausen table this past Wednesday (Two balls in on a break, four balls sunk in a row, and a nine ball sunk on the break of a Nine Ball rack; as chronicled here).

But, my Mini Dachshund, Chaz, has hurt his back. :( My family and I don't know how serious it is...but, I get the sick feeling that it may be very serious. I feel like we ought to take Chaz to a vet immediately, as in right now regardless of it being Sunday. Unfortunately, we do not know of any vets or animal hospitals open on Sunday evenings around Bluefield.

I *really* hope that my feeling is wrong...
|

2 Comments:

Blogger HockeyKnight said...

While I've got time on my hands, I'll be saying a prayer for your dog.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Stormbringer said...

Thank you Michael...thankfully, it turns out that my dog did not hurt his back. Instead, he had a cold/flu bug. Chaz is feeling *much better* today...he's still not running around as much as he usually does. But, he's got more of an appetite, and is his usual inquisitive self.

Sometimes, it's hard to tell if my dog has hurt his back, especially when it is a cold or flu bug instead. Dachshunds are fun to own, but you have to make sure they don't hurt their back at all. I read somewhere a little over a year ago about how someone's four year old dachshund was running around in their yard, when all of a sudden, the dog plopped down, whining and having a look of absolute terror in its eyes. Turns out that the poor thing's discs had given out, causing it to be paralyzed throughout his bottom half. And the dog had to be put to sleep. Broke my heart to read about that AND breaks my heart to think that it could happen to Chaz. I can never be thankful enough for Chaz living to be at least nine years old (just turned that the day after Valentine's)...especially after the horror stories I've read/heard about dachshunds and their backs.

Even though my dog is better, I'm still getting ready to lose someone special...a cousin on my mother's side has had an aneurysm early today, and is currently in a coma. :*( His chances of living are not at all good. And even if he does live, chances are that he will be crippled for the rest of his life. So, needless to say, I'm quite depressed right now...I have not seen this cousin of mine that much. But in what little I've seen of him, he was always good to me, and I wish we could have spent more time together.

:*(

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home