Sunday, February 22, 2004

American Loser?

I'm by no means a fan of American Idol, but even I think such a show has Jumped the Shark when a reject is more popular than the winners. Heck, I don't think I have heard as much about Clay lately as I have about that William Hung dude...

Besides that, AI is easily a "Day One" shark jumper for me. Why? This comment on AI's Jump the Shark page says it best...

"On tonight's show Katie Webber decides to sing a jazz song that none of the other lame contestants could even hit one note on and she gets criticized by Paula Abdul for her choice of song? Yeah Paula. Maybe she should like dance with a friggin' animated cat or something! The girl nailed that song and Simon tells her she sounds like a piano bar singer. This show is ruining music as we know it."

For sometime, I have had a theory that if the artist and/or their music doesn't make teenyboppers scream, then they/it will not fly on AI. The above quote practically solidifies my theory...no wonder the music industry is in such shambles when AI and its "music" practically dictate it.
|