Thursday, February 19, 2004

(does her best Kevin McCallister) I Made A Leafs Fan Disappear

Well, I didn't actually do that...but, I did the second best thing, I made a Leafs fan angry. And in all honesty, it's a bittersweet feeling. Because on one hand, after all the crap the Leafs faithful did to the Caniacs and RBC Center (then ESA) back during the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals AND there being too many freakin' Leafs fans in the arena tonight, I feel justified doing (or actually saying) what I did. But on the other hand, I *do* try my best to respect other teams and their fans...an area I know I'm a failure in after a couple of game reports I have written AND saying "I hate the Leafs even more after that crap (Tucker's game-winning "goal")." to a friend of mine as we were preparing to leave the arena, and I was overheard by a Leafs fan and his kid. The dude of course gave me a good, hard stare...could have been a far worst reaction. But, the more I think about it, I could have said far worst...and more than likely, the Leafs fan *has* heard far worst.

Oh well...I figured if I ever ticked off an opposing team fan, it would be one for either the Wings, Leafs, or Rangers. Another thing that makes what I mentioned bittersweet was that the Leafs fans were overall very well behaved at tonight's game. They even cheered for certain Canes things (Like Weekes and his having six shutouts)...which makes me somewhat regret my unintentionally making a Leafs fan p'oed.

Game report coming soon...

|