Sunday, May 02, 2004

The Ronnie Watch - May 2nd, 2004: Leafs at Flyers, Game Five

They say history never repeats, but I swear it did today...7-2 Flyers. I'm not sure if that was the score in last year's Leafs/Flyers Game Five, which happened to be a shellacking in the First Union/Wachovia/Whatever Center, AND took place in the afternoon just like today's "game".

Ronnie had an assist on Nieuwendyk's goal (his fourth point of the playoffs) and the final shot on goal for the Leafs.

And an aside...I never thought I'd see the day when my Caniac brethren would cheer for Primeau over Francis. To paraphrase the late, great Edmund Blackadder II, the devil farts in both Ronnie and I's faces... >:*(

Update: Fellow Metroboards poster and General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs forum there, DoubleO365, was kind enough to provide the following info about the 2003 Leafs/Flyers Game Five:

"It was like...4-1 last year."

Not quite as bad as 7-2, but still a shellacking...
|