Sunday, August 21, 2005

Lookie What Came In the Mail Yesterday!



The last two are not of Ronnie playing dead, but of him showing off the patches. ;) Note the details...

This isn't the first customized figure of Ron Francis I've gotten...I have another one of him in a Whalers rookie uniform (with the #4 instead of Ron's traditional #10). That one is currently in my new home in Virginia, and once I finally get all moved in up there (and unless something happens this week, it's looking to happen a week from today!!), I'll post pictures of that and the rest of my collection too.

As for where I got the figures from...I met their creator online at a Carolina Hurricanes fan message board I used to attend, and eventually ended up getting the prototype Whaler rookie from him at the 2004 NHL Draft. Well, over a year later, he decided to do the above figure of Ronnie holding Lord Stanley's Prize, with which I actually helped him by providing him scans of Francis circa 1991-92. Eventually, the man finished the figure, and he told me that I could have it if it didn't sell at the recent Raleigh sports card/collectible show. And, as they say, the rest is history. BTW, here's my creator friend's site...the section about his custom figures, to be precise.

http://www.freewebs.com/sparkyzsportz/custommcfarlanes.htm

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home