Sunday, September 11, 2005

It's Not Officially Football Season...

...until my Panthers and Steelers start their official games, which they did today.
The Steelers did awesome, both in general AND on my fantasy teams.


http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050911_TEN@PIT

And they laughed at me when I made Ben Rothelisberger and the Pittsburgh defense my first and second round picks in both of my fantasy leagues...

(Hey, I know it's only the first week...let me relish the victory while I can.)

As for the Panthers, well...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050911_NO@CAR

...their loss would not be such a bitter pill if it weren't for...

1. Their tendency to lose to N.O. at home getting to be a bit annoying.

and

2. My feeling like I was watching CNN/MSNBC/etc. instead of the NFL on Fox. I think the announcers talked more about Katrina than all newsstations combined. Not to mention how it would have been downright evil if the Panthers defeated N'awlins' football team and "last hope".

(does her best Lurch groan impression)
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home