Saturday, May 20, 2006

Canes/Sabres - Game One: Random Musings and Observations

- Unlike my brother, I'm not exactly sure I would call today's game "rotten". But, it certainly wasn't great...

- Just like the rest of the team, Cam Ward seemed a little off. He played good overall, but could have done better at times...especially when that second Buffalo goal was scored.

- My gawd...where were the Canes? Sure didn't sound like Raleigh, but instead the land of saucy chicken. Throw in mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, and cheese...and one might as well say that the Canes were/are playing in a KFC Bowl.* How's that for surreal thinking? Maybe the Canes ate such crap for lunch before the game...

- Really, I don't have a whole lot more to say for now...other than Canes fans, don't get too down, AND Buffalo fans, don't get too high. Tis only the first game...and we all know what happened between the Canes and Habs, despite the former falling to 0-2 in their first home games of the playoffs.

* - Yeah, I'm runnin' home with making fun of that monstrosity of an "entree"...

Current Music - "Take A Breath" by David Gilmour
|

2 Comments:

Blogger HockeyKnight said...

I missed today’s game because I am hard at work and I thought it was going to be a night game.

I guess our gut-feeling about game 1 was on target this time, huh? Don't fret though, Lavi will make the necessary adjustments now that they've seen the Sabres up close.

I'd really like to see the Canes get in before Buffalo.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think we had a lot of opportunities that we didn't bury. I think there was some rust on both sides and Buffalo had the breaks today. Tomorrow is a whole new day. Neither team looked dominant and the game could have ended with either winning.

It'll all come out in the wash.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home