Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ryan Smyth's Unlucky Penny

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=168756&hubname

http://mb3.scout.com/fcarolinacanesfrm1.showMessage?topicID=6726.topic

Smyth:
"I guess it was an American loonie or an American dollar. I don't know if it was good luck for them or what, but it wasn't in very deep so I was scared the boys were going to trip over it. So … got it out."

Um, yeah right. And I am not certainly not hesitant to say that after reading the following in the above linked Scout.com Canes MB thread...

Thun2Ched posted:
"During Wednesday's pregame skate, Smyth dug out of the ice the coin that the RBC Center ice crew had buried at center ice back in February, leaving a divot where the puck will be dropped a little after 8 p.m. tonight."

Way to go, Ry. >:P I don't think I could put it any better than MeDotCom in the same thread...

"Seriously, what gave him the right? I don't care if he thought he saw a gold nugget under the surface, you don't chip away at the ice surface eight hours before a Stanley Cup Final game. I hope he hurts himself in the rut he created."


Current Music: "Celluloid Heroes" by The Kinks (Live - One For the Road version)
|