Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hello, My Name Is Caroline, and I Am A Game Show Geek

As you will learn while there is not much Canes stuff to talk about, for someone who really, honestly does not watch *that much* TV, it's scary how much I know AND will talk about it...

http://community.livejournal.com/gameshows/112903.html

Behold what is already becoming an absolute joke of a Top Fifty Best Ever Game Show List. Of course, I realize that this is GSN we are talking about here, so their somehow screwing up what had (and still has, though I'm not holding my breath) GREAT potential is *really* no freakin' surprise.

But, I think Blockbusters being stashed in the dregs of the latter twenty-five is a big, fat, hairy "Nuff said!" for this thing...especially considering the shows ranked "better" than it thus far:

Studs
Shop 'Til You Drop
Tattletales
The $1.98 Beauty Show
(Was this even a game show?! Sure, a parody of beauty pageants...but an honest to goodness game show?!)
Twenty-One
Whammy! The All New Press Your Luck

I'm scared to think what else will be added to that AND the list in general...Poker/Blackjack, Street Smarts, Dog Eat Dog, Lingo, and/or Playmania?! And I haven't even touched the "reality" crapola... O_O


Current Music: "Desert Rose" by Sting
|