Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Net of Stormbringer: Issue #13, Volume One

Two weeks since the last entry of my Net...which means that this should be longer than it more than likely will be...

Some simple math, so simple that even I, someone who's incredibly sucky at the subject, can do...

Your Carolina Hurricanes - Rod Brind'Amour = A Natural Disaster.

And really, you do not need further proof of that than the past two weeks...outside of two or three (lucky, IMHO) wins, the Canes have been more dead than, well, my Net. The worst game of the bunch being the Atlanta game I somewhat ranted about in my Net's previous issue. Say "somewhat", because as many of my dear readers know, I ranted more about a certain aspect than the game itself.

Your Carolina Hurricanes + Rod Brind'Amour = Some Kind of Wonderful.

The Canes still had a slow step to them, but looked ok last night against T.O. (no, NOT Terrell Owens). Any why? Because the Marines wannabe returned to the lineup...alright, I should not have said that about Brindy. BUT, every time I see that "Here To Play, Here To Stay" (my god, what a stupid slogan) ad on the Canes/John and Tripp feed on Center Ice, it does not make me think of *really* going to a Canes game, it makes me think of joining the Marines instead. And you know such a campaign is bad when someone suggests that the Canes reenacting a scene from a famous Monty Python film would make for a better endorsement...

http://mb3.scout.com/fcarolinacanesfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=5268.topic&start=15&stop=24

Anyhoo, the moral of this story is that the Canes, especially Brindy, *really* need to stop succumbing to groin injuries. I've noted it once and I will note it again, what is up with all of the groin injuries in the NHL this year? No wonder Tripp is so freakin' obsessed with them...I'm starting to actually miss his food talk. And hell, I do not know which is weirder...Tripp's mind or his buddy, John Forslund's hair. Have you seen it this season? Dang...
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home