Thursday, April 20, 2006

Saved By the Bell on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network?!

At first, I thought it was going to turn out to be a joke...but they *really* have gone through with such crap this week.

http://community.livejournal.com/adultswimfans/399003.html

http://community.livejournal.com/adultswimfans/399280.html

I knew there was a reason I could never start liking Family Guy like almost everyone else I know...if Seth McFarland is really behind this stunt, as a lot of sources are claiming, he deserves a good, swift kick in the crotch. NOT EVERYONE LIKES SAVED BY THE FREAKIN' BELL, contrary to what these nuts want you to think...

http://community.livejournal.com/adultswimfans/401101.html

...except for this person, who's right on the money about another aspect of this mess:

"I never said I didn't like Saved by the Bell. I just don't think it is appropriate for the network/audience. I tune into Adult Swim to watch animated shows like ATHF, Futurama, Family Guy, Inuyasha, Tom Goes to the Mayor, etc. Not Saved by the Bell.

It is not like they pulled some sitcom out that has never been shown since it aired, I mean, you can catch Saved by the Bell on TBS like every single morning not to mention local stations that have it in syndication as well." - shycomputerguy

Of course, watch that get a ton of "Oh, you can NEVER have enough Saved By the Bell!!!" replies... *rolls her eyes*

I thought the point of Cartoon Network was to show, *gasp*, cartoons and anime, NOT live action "shows".

If this keeps up...and if the following, in addition to CN recently showing movies like Dumb and Dumber and The Goonies, is any indication...

http://community.livejournal.com/adultswimfans/399563.html

...I hate to think what Cartoon Network will rename itself. Screech TV? The Network Formerly Known As the Cartoon Network?

At first, I really hated how I accidentally missed this past Tuesday night's Inuyasha. But now I'm starting to think that may have not necessarily been a bad thing...
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home