Thursday, May 04, 2006

To Quoteth Murphy...

..."The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train."

http://mb3.scout.com/fcarolinacanesfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=6369.topic

Y'know, it's times like this that if I was still living in Raleighwood, I am glad that I am not a season ticket holder...even one of those Subway Stretch Packs.

Nearly a 200% increase on tickets for the Eastern Conference Finals AND the Stanley Cup Finals? Criminy...can you *really* blame everyone in the above thread for p*ssing and moaning like they are doing? For once, I actually feel pretty bad for the STHs, in addition to the average walk-up price paying fans.

Just like some of the people in that thread, I cannot help but fear the major price hike being a possible ploy to have a reason for moving the team. Think about it: Empty seats due to higher prices = Seemingly nobody coming to support the Canes. I sure as hades hope I am being paranoid...but if I'm not, Here To Play, Here To Stay my butt.

Current Music: "Murder By Numbers" by The Police

|

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That is a bit paranoid. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm not surprised. It doesn't bother me as much as the people in the thread though. Professional sports are expensive.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OK, I got the invoice today for rounds 3 and 4. Oof. That was the sound of it hitting me in the gut. $1790 for eight games (and parking)!

It's still not surprising, but my wallet does feel a bit lighter.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home