Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"I'm Alright..."

"...don't nobody worry about me."

Actually, be quite glad I am able to write this today AND in upcoming days...yours truly was in an ATV accident yesterday. My ATV sputtered out near the bottom of my family home's mountainside driveway, and even though I was pressing as hard as I could on the brakes, I fell backwards down the drive into the long grass and then the woods on the side...where the ATV turned over and I plopped out as it came to rest against a tree. I immediately knew I was lucky to be alive AND only have maybe a small bruise or two. Other than that AND a couple of blisters on my feet from having to walk barefoot ('cause I lost one of my seven plus year old Birkenstocks as I went down) up 7/8ths of the half mile long and practically all uphill drive, I'm amazingly fine and practically unscathed. If anything, I'm feeling the effects of the strenuous walk to my house more-so than any effects from the crash.

*Very needless* to say, I was quite shook up by the event yesterday, and *really* was not in a writing mood until today.

After surviving that, maybe I ought to consider a career as a stunt person...if I had any doubts as to being in decent shape, they certainly are gone now.

Current Music: "Five O'Clock World" by Julian Cope
|