Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Maverick and Dolphin Make A Run For Penguins

No, I'm not talking about a Top Gun sequel...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_459732.html

1. I never knew that Dan Marino liked hockey.

2. So I guess the rumors of Mark Cuban having a hand in the ownership of the Dallas Stars are quite untrue.

"Cuban, a Mt. Lebanon native who owns the Dallas Mavericks of the NBA, confirmed that he has joined Murstein in offering to buy the Penguins. Cuban said by e-mail that he's interested in owning the team only if it remains in Pittsburgh."

I used to not be a huge fan of Mr. Cuban...BUT, if he can keep my second favorite NHL team in Steeltown, I can get used to somewhat liking the dude, regardless of his notorious attitude. Not to mention that fat wallet of his...something the Penguins desperately need, with no thanks to Howard Baldwin.

With hockey not starting until September, I think I've found a new team to pull for during the time of "no sports blues"*.

* - I *do* like tennis and golf...but by my comment, I'm referring to team sports. Yes, I know about the MLB and World Cup. No, I don't care for beisbol or soccer.


Current Music: "(Ain't Nothin' But A) House Party" by The J. Geils Band
|