Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's Been So Hot...

...that I have had to suffer in my home's downstairs/basement floor because the previous owners did not have air conditioning installed for that particular section.

No, that's not a joke. I am dead serious. The thing is that there *really* has not been a need for air conditioning during the summers here in Rocky Gap/Bluefield...until this particular summer, one of the hottest in the area in quite a long time. If memory serves me well, there have already been four or five "lemonade days", and there looks to be a few more in sight before the end of either August or September.

Well finally today, we got air conditioning installed...and I have to say that my warm-natured self swears that I have died and gone to heaven. It's been a long wait AND it feels *that* good folks.

* - "Lemonade days" are days that hit ninety degrees or higher. Whenever it does that, the Bluefield town hall gives out free lemonade.

No, I have yet to have a sample of that lemonade.


Current Music: "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys
|