Friday, October 05, 2007

October 5th, 2007 - Canes vs. the Penguins: Random Musings and Observations

- I'm going to go ahead and say it: The real reason the Canes won tonight? Do I really have to say his name? Ok, for the clueless among you...he became assistant GM of the Canes yesterday. John Forslund interviewed Ronnie Francis during the Hurricanes Live pre-game segment, and the moment the interview concluded, I had an incredibly awesome feeling that the Canes were going to kick Penguin butt (sorry, Michael).

- That said, if I had known that #10 was going to be interviewed before or during the game, I would have made my score prediction at Canes Country much more in favor of the Canes than 6-5, Pitt.

- But, the game was indeed high scoring for the Canes...at the risk of sounding greedy, I could live with four goals every game, as opposed to only two.

- Boy, the Pens sure made like a Hoover tonight. Other than when they're playing the Canes (wink wink, nudge nudge), I hope they improve quickly...especially Monsieur Andre-Fleury.

- Speaking of goalies...how 'bout that Cam Ward? Forget Wheaties, somebody's been eating their fruits and veggies...other FSN Southers will know what I mean, Vern...

- On to ze Capitals, who won over the Thrashers, 3-1, in Hotlanta tonight. Should be an interesting battle of who's more worn-down...

Current Music: "Wide Angle" by Amon Duul II

Labels: , , , , ,

|