Monday, May 29, 2006

Canes/Sabres - Game Five: Random Musings and Observations

- Overall, even with Gerber, the Canes played well tonight. Actually, I'd go as far as saying that the score is a little misleading on how well the Canes played.

- Because I didn't say it during last game's RM&O, when he is in black Sabres warm-up gear AND a black Sabres cap, Lindy Ruff looks like he would mug you in the middle of night somewhere in Buffalo. o_O That said, the Swords' uniform color change (as of next season) sure couldn't get here sooner.

- The reasons the Canes won:

1. They actually played a GOOD SECOND PERIOD!! Outside of Game Four, I was starting to lose all hope of this happening. Maybe I should be more cynical.

2. Brindy won a lot of his face-offs. Not that he hasn't done this a lot...but one glaring thing I remember way back when all hope seemed lost vs. Montreal was that Brindy wasn't winning his face-offs. As a matter of fact, things got so bad that for a little while, Lavy put in Staal for face-offs. That said, in all honesty, I have not kept up with the face-off stat this series...but I get the feeling that tonight, coupled with Game Four, has been one of the Canes' best games face-off wise.

- Boy, OLN sure is pushing that "Tournament" thing...from what little I have seen through the ads, I'll pass. And instead watch all of The Red Green Show I've saved on my Comcast DVR, thank you.

Current Music: "Big Shot" by Billy Joel
|

3 Comments:

Blogger HockeyKnight said...

okay... a few thoughts.

1.) WILL SOMEBODY PROTECT STAAL ALREADY? Geez. This guy took a pounding in the series and nobody's really getting any retaliation going. You had the best guy for the job - Krystof Oliwa, but I don't think he's in the organization anymore. You need some tough guys.

2.) Based on this series, I'd give the Canes chances %45. I'm sorry. They've shown Edmonton that they can be beaten up and taken off their free-wheeling game like Buffalo has been able to do.

3. Lavi has to get in contact with Jose Theodore. I noticed that Coach Lavi's part in his hair looks to be really thining out.

4. I'm going to have to get a white terricloth robe. I saw one up at PSU that I wanted lastime I was up there.. but.. now.. hmm...
Does it only work if there is a red #22 on it and a big red haired wig?

2:05 AM  
Blogger HockeyKnight said...

oh yea... I forgot to add on the bottom of that last comment..

Current music: "Playboy Mansion" by Prince Charming.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Stormbringer said...

I'm going to have to get a white terricloth robe. I saw one up at PSU that I wanted lastime I was up there.. but.. now.. hmm...
Does it only work if there is a red #22 on it and a big red haired wig?


Probably...I got a feeling that the robe trend afficionados would tell you that you are only golden with the red afro wig. The #22 is optional, I think...highly depends upon how expensive the "official robes" are at The Eye. Though, I'm sure there are quite a few out there that went and sewed or ironed on a #22.

Again, with all due respect to Commodore, the only way I'd get a robe is if it had #10 on it. That said, back in his Soo Greyhound/*very early* Hartford days, Ronnie could have possibly given Mike a run for his money on the 'Fro front...

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/42893395/3280976

I can never resist using that icon of Ronnie whenever I respond to someone on LiveJournal with an icon/avatar of Commie and his Afro. :D

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home