Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The One, the Only Ron Francis To Host A Charity Golf Tournament

http://www.newsobserver.com/122/story/477773.html

http://www.mrsnv.com/evt/home.jsp?id=1183

I could very well be wrong, but I believe this will be Ronnie's first hosted (I.E. he's not just a participant, he's also in charge, one way or another) golf tournament in either nine or ten years. Leading me to my Ronnie Francis Fact(s) of the Moment:

When he was on the Penguins, Ron hosted a few golf tournaments in his hometown of Sault Ste. Marie. Among the more prominent celebs who participated in those was Marty Turco, as indicated by an autographed program I happen to have from the 1996 one of those tourneys. The 1996 or 97 tournaments were the last ones Ronnie has ever hosted, as far as I know.

Donations/pledges are already at $6,427 as of my typing this. If you can, please do your part and, as Supertramp once suggested (AND the Goo Goo Dolls have mangled), give a little bit to what's quite a worthy cause in not only Ronnie's upcoming golf tournament but also the American Lung Association.

Current Music: "Heaven's Trail (No Way Out)" by Tesla
|