Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Where In the World Is Evgeni Malkin?

I've gotta post something, AND even though I have no doubt that my other blogger cohorts have beaten me to the punch on this, it seems to be the biggest question in the hockey world currently...

http://mb3.scout.com/fcarolinacanesfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7146.topic

http://community.livejournal.com/hockey/2657628.html

The latter link I posted may not have actual news, but it's just some funny crap (except for the dude/dudette who brought up the possibility of Evgeni being dead...something I too hope is certainly not the case) to read about this whole mess into which the Pens have somehow wandered. All I will divulge from the latter link is this:

"He's hiding inside one of those Russian dolls."

Funnily enough, when I was a wee one, I LOVED collecting those Russian dolls. I will never forget how, with my wacky-butt imagination and all, I would pit my Russian dolls, trolls (y'know, those 'so ugly, they're cute' dolls with different colored hair?) including a rollerblading one, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (including Bebop and Rocksteady), a My Little Pony (I think the one with a strawberry design), my green army man collection, some McDonald-Land character figures, some Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars, and a Road Runner figure in the most colossal game of "War" one besides myself would have ever seen.

ANYWAY, if anyone ever asks again why Jim Rutherford is funny about Russian players (with the *very rare* exception of Oleg Tverdovsky), I'll just point them to an article or two about Evgeni possibly defecting, and do my best John Forslund responding to some typically goofy Tripp Tracy uttering and say "Um, yeah.".

Current Music: "Suzie Q" by The Tragically Hip (Live)
|