Saturday, January 06, 2007

January 6th, 2007 - Canes vs. Islanders: Random Musings and Observations

Unlike the Phoenix debac...er, game, some things finally stuck out to me about this game...

- When you get John Forslund to belt out his trademark "Hey hey, what do ya say?!" after oh so many games, you *are* truly doing something right.

- That said, if anybody was doing something right, besides Cam Ward, it was/is Erik Cole. Dudeman played the most aggressive game any Cane has ever played thus far this season. That aggressive game netted Colesey two goals...something not only the Canes, but I too desperately needed in my Fantasy leagues.

- Speaking of my Fantasy players, Staal also, at long last, woke up tonight and had a goal for the Canes. Now, if Jonathan freakin' Cheechoo could do the same.

I swear, whoever instated the rule about players being drafted at a high rank can't be dropped needs to be slapped...hard.

- With her cowgirl get-up, I could not be the only one who kept expecting Cory Stillman's daughter to try to offer a half-eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich to John Forslund and/or Tripp Tracy.

Anybody who gets what I'm talking about, give yourself as many couch potato points as you feel are deserved.

Current Music: "King's Lead Hat" by Brian Eno (Featuring Robert Fripp)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

|