Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October 9th, 2007 - Canes @ Leafs: Random Musings and Observations

- Y'know...as much as I hated that gawdawful loss in DC, maybe that very thing was the booster shot in the arm the Canes needed.

- Then again, I can't help but feel that the supplement of vitamin C. Stillman really helped in tonight's win...er, massacre of the Leafs.

- I know I'm probably going to get killed by some Canes fans for this, but I feel sorry for Coach Mo, dagummit. At the rate things are going, I'm going to be amazed if Mo is still around T.O. by the time Christmas rolls around...if not Thanksgiving.

- Speaking of people to feel sorry for, my heart sank when I read about Jason Blake being diagnosed with leukemia yesterday. :( Wish the man nothing but the absolute best in his treatment and getting to play as long as he can...

- At first, I did not understand how San Jose could let go of Toskala after what he did for them in the last season or two...but I think tonight cleared up things on that front. That said, I cannot believe that ol' Vesa was left in like that for the entire game...as much as I like Mo, that was a pretty poor decision on his part.

- I am *really* liking what I've seen of Jeff Hamilton...him and Dennis Seidenberg are proving to be very, VERY pleasant surprises out there.

- While I am glad that a game like this one got to be on national television AND was the only bit of hockey on anywhere tonight, it does not hurt my feelings that a lot of the Canes' games are not on Versus. God, those guys had me clamouring for John and Tripp or TSN...

Current Music: "Superstition" by Beck, Bogart, and Appice

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

|