Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Stitch In Time...

Well, after an eleven-twelve year hiatus, yours truly has decided to get back into doing cross stitch as one of her many hobbies. It's been a while since I have had an art I call my own...and thinking about it, I recalled how much I enjoyed briefly doing cross stitch, thanks to an art elective I took in fifth grade. Also helping was that I was wandering around in a craft store a couple of days ago, and found myself really impressed with how far along cross stitch designs have come. There's now a lot more variety and not just country-ish designs and alphabet/number samplers. Apparently, wolves have gotten to be a popular cross stitch subject, much to my wolf art loving delight...made obvious that I picked up this design and started on it yesterday.

Eventually, I plan to get some cross stitch pattern maker software, and do some hockey and anime/manga/comic book designs, along with some other nature, Native American, and scenic (specifically mountains, cityscapes, and European) ones. Perhaps if one asks nicely when the time comes, I will be willing to do a request or two... :D

Current Music: "Song of Truth" - Inuyasha's Fifth Closing Theme
|