Tuesday, October 17, 2006

October 16th, 2006 - Canes @ Lightning: Random Musings and Observations

- I love, LOVE it when one of my favorite teams play so good that I do not have to write a ton here, nor do I have to set my DVR to record my current Monday night addiction in Heroes...damn, that show is rocking my socks!!

- Yay for Justin "Willy" Williams and his first ever career hat trick! Nay for the fact that he probably didn't know about it until after the game, thanks to the fact that one of the goals comprising the trick was first credited to Anton Babchuk.

- The only real unfortunate thing about this game is that Cam Ward had "No soup...er, shutout for you!" said to him by La Femme Nikita Alexeev. But that certainly does not marr what a fantastic goaltending game Wardo had.

- And the Canes get a much deserved break from tomorrow/later today through Friday, on the evening of which they will have to take on the, still undefeated as of my typing this, Swords in Buffalo. Joy. Well, if anything will be a true test of the Canes' good fortunes as of late, THAT certainly will. And at least I will only have to wait a little less than four days for it...unlike Heroes, for which I will have to wait almost a week. (sighs)

Current Music: "James" by the Pat Metheny Group
|