Friday, October 06, 2006

October 6th, 2006 - Canes vs. Devils: Random Musing/Observation

Well, I recorded the game due to my going out to dinner. And I come home to see that there's really no point in watching the game. 4-0?! Damn.

At the risk of making light of a serious situation in the chemical fire AND possibly p***ing off a few New Joysey natives, past and present...I think it's *very safe* to say that the Devils felt at home in Raleigh tonight.

I have no other words about the Canes "game", other than they better shape up for tomorrow night's shipping out to DC.

A couple of other musings...

- I am totally digging the Eric Staal EA NHL '07 ad...but I swear, with multiple viewings/listenings, Eric sounds like a robot in parts of the ad. Which is made even more amusing by how my brother and I often joke about how even with realistic facial features, the players in the EA and 2k NHL games look and act like robots on ice.

- As I type this, I am watching the Bruins/Panthers game, and FSN Florida keeps doing these STUPID player intros for the Panthers with...are you ready for this...RAP MUSIC. Uh, HELLO!! This is HOCKEY, NOT BASKETBALL OR FOOTBALL. Hockey and rap music do not mix, I repeat, THEY DO NOT MIX. And I say that as someone who digs the Beastie Boys and the occasional tune like "I Left My Wallet In El Segundo" and "The Message" (Y'know, the one that goes "It's like a jungle sometimes..." and "Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge, I'm tryin' not to lose my head. Hah hah hah hah!").

Then again, maybe I'm being off-base...'cause whether it's the rap music, or the simple fact that they ate their Wheaties, the Panthers are kicking the Bruins' ever-lovin' butts, 8-3. o_O

Current "Music": Boston Bruins @ the Florida Panthers on FSN Florida c/o Center Ice
|