Sunday, November 19, 2006

November 18th, 2006 - Canes vs. Stars: Random Musings and Observations

- While my Ron Francis calendar still hasn't arrived (stupid Media Mail...oh well, as that semi-cliche goes, you get what you pay for), I *did* get my King Crimson Discipline shirt today. AND, tonight alone has convinced me that if I wear that thing during Canes games, the Canes may very well take on the very word the shirt says and talks about:

"Discipline is a vehicle for joy."

No truer words could be said, especially regarding tonight's affair.

Seriously, despite what the score says, this was easily the most disciplined I have seen the Canes be this season. And I would absolutely, really, truly love to see them keep that up.

- My biggest beef with this game...you knew one was coming, admit it...was how the Canes didn't take advantage of all the power plays Da Starz were practically handing them. But, at the same time, the Canes' fantastic penalty kill, ESPECIALLY on the 5-on-3, cancels out that mess.

- Correction about something I said in last night's Canes/Caps RM&O: Rod Brind'Amour is behind (if not having already surpassed, as of tonight) Jaromir Jagr for season assists, NOT points. Instead, Brindy is behind (again, if not having already surpassed) Marian Hossa for season points.

I *still* wish I had made Brindy's weightlifting a** first priority in my Fantasy drafts instead of Eric Staal...even if Staalsy got his third career hat trick tonight. Congrats to ya, guv'nor.

- What I said about the Caps broadcasting crew in the said previous RM&O can also be said about the Stars crew. And even more fun about tonight's broadcast? It was one of those infamous literally commercial free broadcasts!!! You know, where you get to see the camera crew setting up for the return from the ads AND hear the announcers off the camera? Ever since I saw a Wings/Sharks game without commercials during a Center Ice preview way back at the beginning of the 2002-03 season, I have been clamouring for the golden night/day when I get the John and Tripp Show in one of those commercial free broadcasts.

Yes, I have practically no life, what-so-ever. And hey, at least I admit to that...

Current Music: "Groove Is In the Heart" by Dee-Lite (Featuring Bootsy Collins)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

|