Sunday, November 05, 2006

November 4th, 2006 - Canes @ Senators: Random Musing and Observation

'Cause it can never said enough, I LOVE when the Canes play well enough to the point that I don't have to write a ton nor do I have to be in a hurry to write.

Though, for mojo purposes, I will not officially declare the Canes to be on a winning streak until they officially have another one or two games under their belts. Unlike some people in ye olde Caniac Nation...
you know who you are.

BTW, I could not believe it...DirecTV showed the John and Tripp Show last night, despite the Canes not being in Raleigh. And, with all due respect to those two, I hafta admit that I was looking forward to Hockey Night In Canada. They're one of the few non-Cane feeds I LOVE, AND I very much agree with the following,
posted at The Score Boards.

"Am I the only person who found Tripp's commentary terrible and ridiculous (more than usual) last night? He was carping at Gerber the entire game. He tried to get Williams to rip on Gerber in the pregame and when he wouldn't , Tripp was off and running. Poor positioning, leaves the short side open, not as calm as Cam Ward--not just once, but again and again.

When Phillips took the extra penalty for arguing the call Tripp was talking about the officials as if they're saints. Paraphrasing --"They quietly do their jobs and if you have a problem with their calls you must respect them and say nothing"

Chad Larose blocked a shot and Tripp went on for three minutes with a Larose lovefest.

He kept talking about crescendos and climaxes during the Canes power play, I wondered if he was watching a different feed in the press box.

I can almost feel Forslund cringing in the pressbox. One of these days he's going to give Tripp an elbow to the side of the head to shut him up."


Current Music: "Remind Me" by Royksopp

Labels: , , , , , ,

|