Monday, October 30, 2006

One Day Before My Birthday/Halloween...

...another drink to almost round out the KISS themed bunch. This particular one being named after a certain fire-breathing, blood spitting member of the band...

Gene Simmons

Fill shaker with ice.
1 1/2 oz. Gin
Fill with Milk.
1 tablespoon of Cream of Coconut
Shake.
Add a capful of Cranberry (Cocktail) Juice and a dash of Grenadine.
Fill glass with ice and pour from the shaker.

It's neck and neck between this and the Peter Criss for my absolute favorite so far. Loved the berry touch the cranberry juice and grenadine added. Therefore, I recommend Gene for berry lovers, Peter for citrus fans, and Ace for those who prefer a slightly bitter drink like a Gimlet or Martini. Speaking of Ace, I've revised the recipe with his name a tiny bit...

Ace Frehley

Fill shaker with ice.
1 1/2 oz. Gin
Fill with Milk.
1 tablespoon of Cream of Coconut
Shake.
Add a capful of Blue Curacao.
Fill glass with ice and pour from the shaker.

As mentioned previously, when I get a chance, more than likely next weekend, I'll try it....knowing that it should be a bit better without the Peppermint Schnapps.

Anyway, what about those who like their drinks with touches of berries AND citrus? That's coming folks...the only clue I'm leaving is that there is only one of the four left. ;)


Current Music: "I'm Your Boogie Man" by White Zombie
|