Thursday, October 26, 2006

Three For Thursday

First up, the genius behind the Raleigh News and Observer cartoons about
Chuck Amato, John Bunting, and "Coach K" (the latter being my absolute favorite of the bunch) has built his latest creation, a parody of the latest string of Geico commercials, around the Canes and their past season...as told by Peter Karmanos Jr. and Ric Flair. Complete with four part harmony by...well, I won't give that away. Gotta give you a reason to watch this thing...

http://www.newsobserver.com/1235/story/502674.html

Y'know, between the "article" by "Five For Fighting" and now this, it's gonna be a freakin' miracle that I am not deemed a humorless slob by the end of either today or this week. When I discovered the above link yesterday, I immediately went in, expecting to love the cartoon as I have the others thus far. But, this one fell a little short in my book...I think it's 'cause of the over-exaggerated Ric Flair. But then, that "four part harmony" almost gave me a headache too. I *really* hate that...I had wanted a Canes toon to be done for sometime. As that cliche goes, "Be careful what you wish for..."...

Remember that picture of Eric Staal in a bar done for FHM I posted a few months ago? Well, thanks to 850 the Buzz and the N&O, a GQ picture has been revealed for those of us with enough good taste to avoid that particular publication...





You knew this was coming...CAPTION TIME!! And it's open to whoever wants to respond to this post. I'll start:

Eric: "Lemon curry?"

Also, I think the following comment, posted by one StormCast at 850 The Buzz's blog, beautifully sums up the photo.

"On that Staal picture? Yikes! It looks like an Anthony Michael Hall outtake from Sixteen Candles. Eric Staal = (Sod) Farmer Ted."

Last, but certainly not least, AND somewhat appropriately enough after that pic, the following search engine hit came up on my StatCounter this morning...

"Peter Laviolette puckbunnies"

No comment... o_O

Current Music: "A World Without Heroes" by KISS (MTV Unplugged Version)


Edit as of October 27th, 12:03 PM: Yes, yes...that bar picture was for FHM, NOT GQ. Forgive me, I was quite obviously out of it yesterday...
|