Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Peter Criss/KISS Makeup Help?

I probably won't get any responses to this. But you never know who reads this place, so I figure why not post the following here, besides my LiveJournal, too?

As I mentioned here not super long ago, for Halloween/my birthday, I want to do something different from my hockey player get-up I've done for the last three years. And being a huge KISS and classic/hard/hair rock nut, I've always wanted to be Peter Criss or Ace Frehley for Halloween one year. Well, I've decided this year is it, I am going to be Peter Criss. The cat look is very appropriate for Halloween. Plus, I've already had a Psycho Circus shirt and silver cross pendant for sometime, and I recently got the necessary white, black, red, green (for the eyes...doing it like Criss did in the 70's), and silver cream makeup.

So today, I'm looking for semi-decent instructions on how to apply the makeup, specifically the white and black. It's probably easier than I am making it out to be...I just don't want to mess up. :D Those of you who have been KISS members for Halloween and/or a costume/masquerade party (and I know you're out there), how did you apply the makeup?

I have looked all over Yahoo! and Google for such instructions, AND I know there are the "KISS and Makeup" kits being offered right now. The only reasons I didn't grab a Catman one of those was that I knew I could get the makeup and supplies cheaper from Spencer's and a drug store, and the kit didn't offer green for the eyes.

Also, is there anything else I'm going to need besides the cream makeup and a sponge and brush/Q-tip for applying it? Figure I better ask while I still have time to look for and get anything else.

____________________________

Speaking of "KISSing and making-up", Colby Armstrong did just that with Trevor Letowski when the former gave the latter a ringy-dingy yesterday morning/afternoon...

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/499351.html

Two days after he rung Trevor Letowski's bell, Colby Armstrong gave him a ring.

Armstrong, the Pittsburgh Penguins forward who sent Letowski to the hospital briefly Saturday with a big hit, called Letowski on Monday before the Carolina Hurricanes' 5-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning.

"I talked to him for a good 10 minutes," Letowski said. "I thought it was a classy move on his part. He's not that type of player to go out and intentionally hurt someone."

Letowski suffered a concussion, a lacerated forehead and a stiff neck but was able to fly out with the Hurricanes that night. He'll be re-examined by team doctors today, but given the violence of the hit, he knows he could be much worse off.

"Everything happened so fast, I don't remember much," he said. "I had an opportunity to see it on tape, and it was pretty ugly. I was pretty fortunate."


I knew from the look on Colby's face when the medical/training crews were checking out Letowski during the game that he didn't mean any intention in the collision between him and Trevor. And yesterday's telephone call is just icing on that cake.

Current Music: "Detroit Rock City" by KISS
|