Saturday, October 28, 2006

As We Inch Closer To Halloween...

...yours truly further explores her revived KISS fandom. Today, I finished a fan fiction novel I printed up from the best KISS fan site I have found thus far, KISS Asylum. Saving space, my review for that can be found here.

With my fandom rejuvenated, I'm going through with getting what I have wanted a few years ago, and have the Psycho Circus game and the somewhat recent Dark Horse comics (more specifically, the trade paperbacks) coming in the mail. and am keeping my eyes peeled for a decent eBay deal on the complete Psycho Circus comic book run. Will post reviews of those, and the
sequel to the fan fiction novel when I can.

As part of the Halloween countdown, I will attempt to invent four new drinks, one named after each original KISS member. Yes, believe it or not, there are no drinks named after the members of KISS, at least not yet. :D

A fair warning to those of you who look forward to my weekly drink recipes: These recipes will naturally contain Gin, 'cause, for those of you who don't know your KISS, they did a song called "Cold Gin". And, I know how Gin is either loved or hated by those who love a drink or two. BUT, read on to find out something interesting I discovered when I sampled today's featured drink...named after a certain spaceman guitarist.

Ace Frehley

Fill shaker with ice.
1 1/2 oz. Gin
1/2 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
Fill with Milk.
1 tablespoon of Cream of Coconut.
Shake.
Fill glass with ice, and fill up with the resulting drink.
Top off with a dash of Blue Curacao.

What seems like an odd combination of ingredients turns out to be pretty good...the Schnapps, Milk, and Coconut *really help* in taking the bite out of the Gin. Highly recommended to especially those who don't care for Gin. You'd swear it was Vodka or Rum instead.

Up next...my take on a Peter Criss drink, which should be like the Ace Frehley, but with one extra ingredient.

Current Music: "Black Diamond" by KISS (Symphony - Alive! IV Version)

|