Sunday, March 11, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: CAM WARD OUT FOR THE SEASON

Read it and weep, fellow Caniac brethren. :(

Admittingly, I did not really watch today's game vs. the Ranjerks (for reasons stated in the post below this one), but from what little I read and heard, the laceration Wardo got did not sound good.

Y'know, at the risk of cementing my being the Angry Carolina Hurricanes Nerd I have sounded like quite a bit this season AND to quoteth Jim Mora: Playoffs? WHAT PLAYOFFS?!

Seriously, I *really* hope to be wrong. But, I am not liking the Canes' playoff chances without Cam's presence.

Current Music: "Girl" by Beck

Edit as of March 12th, 6:40 PM: Well, well, well...it turns out that perhaps someone at the Raleigh News and Observer overreacted a bit.

As of now, Wardo is listed as missing out on a week at the most...NOT the rest of the season, as originally thought(?).

Labels: , , , , ,

|