Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 19th and 20th, 2007 - Canes @ Penguins and Flyers: Random Musings and Observations

- The Canes did not play absolutely wonderful in these games, but they did not stink up the ice either. Not bad, considering that there are some injuries plaguing the team right now...

- ...That said, I hope Scott Walker and his tum-tum area is ok. My hopes went up when I heard he was released from the hospital Friday night. Also hope Erik Cole is ok...even if I do think how he supposedly hurt himself (playing soccer, or football as my ancestors would call it, outside of the locker room) was stupid.

- Very, VERY classy of the Penguins to acknowledge Ronnie Francis' becoming Assistant GM for the Canes. And even more classy of the entire Pens faithful in attendance to applaud it. *gives a thumbs up*

- Speaking of the Penguins, being a fan of theirs too, I am glad that they ended up getting the win...they really needed it, and it helped them get back to .500. And before you go jumping on me, as I've noted here a few times, I happen to like both the Canes and Pens, and therefore, games like Friday night's end up being ones where I am happy with whoever wins. ESPECIALLY if the Canes are off to a great start like they are right now, and can get away with sparing a win here and there.

- Games like tonight's do not help my feelings towards the Flyboys.

- I can tell this RBC Centura "Giant" ad campaign is going to get on my nerves...it doesn't help that that was the same campaign used last year AND the marketing geek in me just does not think "Let's Do Something Giant" is a great slogan.

- Until tonight, I did not know there was such a call as "Backchecking". Learn something new every day/night...

- Overall, this was an outstanding road trip...I'll definitely take the only overall (I.E. no points earned at all) loss being at DC. Getting a point in Pitt and Philly is certainly not shabby with both being quite fun places to play at.

Current Music: "Like A Hurricane" by Neil Young

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

|