Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Net of Stormbringer: Issue #6, Volume One

(insert nature sounds and Enya-like music here)

*takes a few deep breaths* Ahhhhh...welcome to Poetry Corner. Today, I shall read a sample from B.E. Peas' "Pump It". Now close your eyes, and let the words take you away to that happy place...

*clears her throat and recites* Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn.

And I mean DAMN! The Canes have been DAMN good lately. And when I say DAMN good, I mean 7-2 vs. Washington AND ESPECIALLY 6-1 at New Jersey good.
I was reluctant to say anything after the Canes' win vs. the Crapitals because, well, they *are* called the Crapitals for a reason, especially this season. But man, rinsing and repeating at the Devils, an actual solid team? Damn.


Something told me to bench Brodeur in one of my fantasy leagues tonight...that same something also told me to drop Brett "The Mouth" Hull in the same league because today was actually his retirement day.

Speaking of fantasy, just like my only favorite current Leaf, Jeff O'Neill's hat trick last night, Brindy's doing good tonight was a bittersweet thing for yours truly. On one hand, Brindy got me two goals in a "Four Man League" (two forwards, one defenseman, and one goalie) contest in which I'm participating at Sports Card Sheriff. But on the other hand, O's hat trick and Brindy's points, while great to see and hear about, are benefitting my opponent in the LetsGoCanes.com Fantasy League this week. Therefore, I'm enjoying my cake AND cannot prevent leaving it out in the rain. Ohhhhhh noooooo.

Well, the Canes get four days off, even though techincally they don't, if Mr. Laviolette has anything to do with it. As for yours truly? Well, there's no rest for the wicked.

And on that note, I close this with one word, just one word...

DAMN.

And that concludes perhaps what will be the most potty-mouthed issue of The Net of Stormbringer. What? Don't give me that "Kids are reading this!!" crap...besides, this is tame compared to whatever Lavy told the Canes in their locker room during the first intermission of the 10/12/05 game vs. the Capitals.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home