Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Canes/Sabres - Game Six: Random Musings and Observations

- 'Cause it can never be said enough, especially after an effort like the one that took place tonight: Gawd, that sucked.

- I'm getting sick of "Linda" Ruff and his constant b*tching and whining during his press conferences AND from the bench. Smug a-hole who is SOMEHOW getting everything to go his way (SERIOUSLY, I cannot be the only one to have noticed this being at least the second game where Buffalo had absolutely zip penalties called on them in two thirds of the game)...I'm sorry, but saying the refs are having no backbone in this series may be more right on than some realize.

- I'm also getting sick of the Swords' ABSOLUTE JOKE of a Captain feeling like he can tell members of the other team what they can do AND/OR how "pathetic" they are. After Briere's treatment of Staal over the said Cane's constantly tripping (NO THANKS to Buttmunch's annoying teammates), I think tossing the head Sabre naked into a swimming pool full of wolverines would be a mild punishment.

- Yet another thing I am sick of: OLN and their making it quite obvious that the Sabres are the new "America's team". First Detriot, and now Buffalo.The Canes just can never seem to avoid meeting these "patriotic, sissyotic" fine representatives of our country AND hockey culture...



- I may have picked this series to go seven games...but that doesn't mean I really wanted to see it happen. I would have much preferred the series to have ended tonight. The Canes may have the home advantage, but if they don't play a complete sixty minutes, that will be all they have.


Current Music: "Ana Ng" by They Might Be Giants
|

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I was pretty pissed at first, but I regained my calm a little bit after the game. I wasn't as upset about Weight's penalty (I would have called it, even in Pominville embellished a bit) as I was about the non-call on Briere hauling down Williams just before getting the game winner. He was about to clear the puck.

Like I said on my blog, no use in crying about it now. They just have to go out and win tomorrow.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I agree on the Briere punishment... although I think Ruff should be thrown in the pool as well - then we wouldn't have to put up with his war of words at the press conferences

4:51 PM  
Blogger Stormbringer said...

I agree on the Briere punishment... although I think Ruff should be thrown in the pool as well - then we wouldn't have to put up with his war of words at the press conferences.

True dat. It can never be said enough: If "Linda" Ruff gets the Jack Adams Award over Lavy, I'm gonna puke.

At least "Linda" is easy to make fun of, along with Briere...

http://www.letsgocanes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6020

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home