Thursday, June 08, 2006

Canes/Oilers - Game Two: Random Musings and Observations

- Many congrats to the Canes' D and Cam Ward on the well earned shutout AND the rest on quite a stellar offensive effort. :D

- I need to bake Ronnie's muffins* during games more often...see what happened tonight when I did that? ;)

- If "7:PM(!!)" or "Vegetable medley!" embrace my ears one more time, I just might have to choke someone or something.

- I seriously cannot wait for the Virginia and West Virginia DOTs to get their damned repaving of I-77 and the East River Mountain Tunnel done...you can smell that crap all the way up here in my homestead. AND it's giving me a freakin' headache...until tonight, I never knew it was possible to feel great AND have a headache at the same time. That said, I *really* picked a good night to do my baking...

- Georges Laraque is such an a-hole...I don't think I have ever cheered so hard for someone getting a game misconduct.

- What is up with Kid Rock hanging out with Pete Karmanos? Second time during these playoffs that dudeman has been spotted in the Canes owner's luxury suite. I know they're both from Detroit, but what an odd pairing... o_O

* - If any or all of you ask nicely, I may just post the recipe from the Canes' 2002-03 cookbook... ;)

Current Music: "Blinded By the Light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band
|

2 Comments:

Blogger AnonymousBlogger said...

In Georges defense, he was sending a message for next game-nothing more. Ladd fell on Roli, so it was really just a matter of time before someone took a run at Ladd.

12:41 AM  
Blogger DrFrankLives said...

that's a defense?

The message he sent was "hi, I'm an undisciplined goon who can;t carry the puck worth a damn, but because I am 260 pounds, I know nobody can retaliate against me if I take a ridiculously dangerous run at a rookie from behind to see if I can break his neck like Cole."

THe Canes just skated away. Content to be halfway to the Cup, and not having anyone they felt was useless enough to trade suspensions with the monumentally useless Laraque.

Great message.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home