Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Canes/Oilers - Game One: Random Musings and Observations

- Lavy and I cannot hammer this home enough: If the Canes play the two thirds of each game like they played tonight, this series will easily last seven games AND possibly worst. And yes, I am well aware that Conklin will more than likely be in net all of those games.

- BUT, if the Canes play at least the next three games like they played the third period, there will be a big party in a Champagne Room or something similar in Raleigh. 8) Seriously, that was the best damn playing I've seen from the Canes in the entire playoffs AND possibly the entire season.

- Roloson out...*very sorry* this happened AND I wish the man a great recovery from whatever injury he has. If I was an Oilers fan, I'd be quite steamed...not necessarily because of the Oil's Cup chances going down significantly, but instead because Roli's injury was caused by one of his own...specifically Burgeron. I seriously hope the Oil fans AND Great White North hockey media remember that before they spew off crap about "the Canes not deserving the Cup, blah blah blah".

- Thanks to tonight's win, I am quite willing to forgive the LiveJournal Hockey Community for getting on my butt about the stupid "stupid little fairy" commercial...at least for now. ;P

Current Music: "Higher Ground" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
|

2 Comments:

Blogger AnonymousBlogger said...

I'll be honest-I did not know there were hockey players in Virginia.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Stormbringer said...

Well...*blushes* I am actually not a hockey player. BUT, there are plenty of hockey players in Virginia...

- The University of Virginia AND Virginia Tech have teams in the ACC hockey league. As a matter of fact, UVA's team were the champs last year.

- Roanoke, about a couple of hours away from my home, used to have an ECHL team called the Express, and now have an UHL team called the Vipers.

- There's also the Norfolk Admirals in the AHL.

- And last, but certainly not least, the Washington Capitals *could* be considered a Virginia team...District of Columbia is practically a section of Virginia.

Learn something new every day... :)

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home