Sunday, June 04, 2006

Overclocked Remix AND YTMND of the Week!

So I finally get my butt over to Overclocked Remix to see if they got any new goods up...and lo and behold...

http://sf2.ocremix.org/

Y'see, I have known about the (Super) Street Fighter 2 (Turbo) soundtrack remix project for over a year, but never thought it would get somewhat completed. The dude who organized the project was having trouble recruiting remixers, AND as you can see, not a whole lot of remixers contributed. A shame, really, for I consider the SSF2T soundtrack the best video game soundtrack EVAH, if not right up there with the Zelda games.

Anyway, check out the remixes when you can...a lot of them are good and/or interesting takes on the original themes (Particularly Vega's...while I hate Gangsta rap with a passion, I find myself liking that take on my favorite SF2 villain's theme. I hafta admit that I could see Vega working a rapper. And even more scary? With the violins and Mediterranean feel, I could see that remix fitting in on my Williams & Sonoma Florence CD. o_O).

You have truly not lived until you have played The Secret of Monkey Island...

http://stansellseverything.ytmnd.com/


Current Music: "Pink Cadillac" by Natalie Cole
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home