Monday, November 27, 2006

I Don't Like Michael Vick, Sam I Am

No doubt the pigskin viewers out there already knew about this...but I just read about Michael Vick's giving a bunch of his own fans the doity boyd, as they would say in New Jersey, yesterday.

http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/?p=2045

Now, I have never liked Michael Vick way before what happened in Hotlanta yesterday afternoon...and really am not surprised by it, given that it's the NFL, with especially the likes of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens running amuck with their own PR nightmares.

But, the reason I am posting about this is that I happen to be in a region where Michael Vick has quite an army of supporters. Here in Bluefield, VA/WV, if someone is not a Steelers fan, then chances are that they are a Falcons fan because of Vick's being their quarterback AND/OR his having played for somewhat nearby Virginia Tech.

Well, as "wholesome" as quite a few people in this town try to be, I hope they got a gooooooood gander of yesterday's Saints/Falcons game AND/OR its ending, especially if they happen to be a member of that 'army' I mentioned.

When it's not the high school football religion in this place getting annoying, it's seemingly everyone thinking and saying Michael Vick is god's gift to football and/or sportsdom in general. *rolls her eyes*


Current Music: "All My Life" by the Foo Fighters

Labels: , , , , ,

|