Wednesday, November 22, 2006

November 21st, 2006 - Canes @ Rangers: Random Musings and Observations

Well, since the Canes played like nothing last night...this RM&O will be about nothing, at least in regards to the "game"...

- The dude on the current design for Arby's medium-sized cups bears an eerie resemblance to Tripp Tracy. o_O

- Since I already know what I'm getting for Christmas from one of my folks, I can safely say the following: I cannot wait to play Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I also cannot wait for the Guitar Hero (2) game(s) to be released...

- Regarding Marvel Ultimate Alliance...I cannot believe I have not heard about that game until the certain system I'm getting for Christmas' release this past Sunday. From the synopses and reviews I've read and the screenshots I have seen, MUA is looking and sounding like a freakin' sweet game. AND all of the Fantastic Four, even Mr. Fantastic(!!), are playable to boot! Like they should be in a game featuring Dr. Doom as its final boss...


- Another game I'm looking forward to trying...Trauma Center: Second Opinion. It shall be a blast to get to be like Dr. House, especially with the quirky patients, BUT without the excessive grossness and/or Vicodin.

- Speaking of America's favorite sardonic as hell doctor...I don't care what the people at Television Without Pity think: The current House MD story arc is pretty darn good, especially compared to a huge chunk of what's on TV now. AND, I personally am digging how House is being towards Wilson...the latter character had it coming with the way he was to House at the beginning of this season. Then again, ever since I got into the series, I've never been all that much a fan of Wilson...when dudeman is not being a jerk of some kind, he's being a total wuss.

- All of that said, thank god for House MD coming on last night AND saving me from watching an entire game of the Canes stinking up the MSG like they forgot their Right Guard.

- Last, but certainly not least, I am already getting very, VERY SICK of Mark Messier's media whoring. The "leadership award" named after him is bad enough...but now, VS. is having Marky-Mark pimp their NHL All-Star Event/Game contest. *does her best impression of Lurch moaning*

Regarding that "leadership award"...I am more than convinced that Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, and Wayne Gretzky's* chances of getting their name on that "award" would have been better if their retirement ceremonies would(will in Yzerman's case**) have lasted practically the length of an NHL game AND/OR they went and shaved their heads.

Current Music: "Spinning Wheel" by Blood, Sweat, and Tears

* - Just to name a few.

** - I'd like to think that Stevie Y would have a little more class than having his jersey retirement last almost two hours. But given that it's the Red Wings doing the honors, who knows?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

|