Tuesday, March 13, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: PENGUINS TO STAY IN PITTSBURGH

Unlike the last Breaking News, this I am quite happy to post.

Cancel the movers. The Penguins aren't going anywhere.

Sources close to the negotiations say that the team has an agreement with state and local leaders for a new arena that will be ready for the 2009-10 season.


The terms of the agreement call for a 30-year lease and spell out contributions from the team, the state and from gambling revenues.

A formal announcement is expected sometime tomorrow, prior to the Penguins home game at 7:30 p.m. against the Buffalo Sabres.

I am practically speechless with joy right now. I would have waited until the formal announcement to post this...but I am way too ecstatic at my second favorite team's staying in Steeltown to do so.

Current Music: "You and Me and the Bottle Makes Three Tonight" by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Labels: , , ,

|