Sunday, March 18, 2007

March 17th, 2007 - Canes @ Devils: Random Musings and Observations

- The Canes should play on St. Patrick's Day more often...heck, every day should be St. Patrick's Day if it means the Canes blowing teams like the Devils out, 7-2.

- If Grahame keeps having games like the one he had yesterday, my fears of the Canes missing the playoffs without Wardo being able to play will be quite dumbfounded.

- Not to mention if the offense keeps on cranking out goal after goal.

- Got the Joysey feed, as expected with it being an away game, on Center Ice...which was no big deal thanks to the wonders of the Mute button AND my Gigabeat/"Stanley".

- Unlike a few people, I am not quick to jump on this game as "the turning point" for the Canes. I've seen it happen at least two or three other times this season: The Canes have a dynamite blowout game, which gets deemed their "turning point", and then they go and royally stink it up the next two or three or four games.

If the Canes would give me (and the rest of the Caniac Nation) at least two or three solidly decent games after this one, then I will be more than inclined to agree with others that yesterday's affair is a turning point. BUT, until I see those games, I have to play Angry Carolina Hurricanes Nerd...

- There's nothing like a Canes victory, corned beef, potatoes, Italian herb bread, Irish Cream, the Tar Heels advancing to the Sweet Sixteen, and a FREE (1980's era) KING CRIMSON CONCERT to complete an overall quite satisfying St. Patty's Day.

Current Music: "I'm Your Boogie Man" by White Zombie

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

|