Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April 3rd, 2007 - Canes @ Lightning: Random Musings and Observations

- At the risk of sounding like a horrible fan...I would have been right to bet money on tonight's outcome. Something deep down told me that the Canes winning and holding onto their playoff chances would be just too damned good to be true with this season's incarnation of Raleigh, NC's NHL pride and joy.

- The Canes are danged lucky that Tampa did not score more than they did...that said, holding back LeCavalier to one goal and St. Louis to no points at all is not an easy task. That much, the boys in red and black did right.

- Until the first period of tonight's affair, I never realized that the Green Acres theme* intro could be done in so many variations...and that's just on a hockey organ!! o_O Too many danged flashbacks of Forest Whitaker's dinnertime rendition of "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me" on Saturday Night Live...

- On the Tampa Bay feed, I saw a national brand commercial that was so "local ad"-ish, it hurt. Did you know that this year is Blue Bell Ice Cream's 100th anniversary? Neither did I, until employees' heads placed, Terry Gilliamation-like, upon the bodies of an eclectic band of sorts (I wanna say it was a jug and washboard band...but don't hold me to that) took thirty seconds of their time to remind me. Very needless to say, after beholding that spectacle that was just missing a cardboard cutout of Rod Serling on a popsicle stick, I hypnotically let out a "bzuh?".

- Well, with the Canes out of the playoffs...GO PENGUINS!!

That said...I may or may not cover the final two games. If I don't, then I got a question for those going...can you please, PLEASE get yours truly a 2006-07 Canes team photo poster if such a thing is given out? If so, PLEASE e-mail me. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Current Music: "When Love Comes To Town" by U2 and B.B. King

* - Everytime I hear ANY VERSION of the Green Acres theme, I'll always think of when my mom was put on hold in a phone call with some company, and the "on hold music" was TV themes...yes, TV themes. And one of those themes was the GA theme!! Bet that was quite as surreal as the show itself... o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

|