Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Few Hockey-licious Commercials

Regardless of your feelings towards Sidney Crosby, this is a COOL commercial...especially with the presence of the Hanson Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cnVCFYZSjk&search=crosby%20gatorade

Though, whenever I see the ending scene to that ad, I can't help but hear the Benny Hill theme playing in my head...someone PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one.
_______________________________________________

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/thunderbird107/?action=view&current=c3e95729.flv

I like this one too...though, I just know the Canes AND Leafs contingents will probably be tempted to kill me for featuring it in my blogs. Whatever. ;P
_______________________________________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpA9sow6Vo&search=hockey%20commercial

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ytG2X_93JlQ

Perhaps the Canes can change a goalie or two from being nuts about Sundin to maybe Staal or Brind'Amour or Williams or Cullen...
_______________________________________________

*does a Muttley laugh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mK6vW3cYQ&search=red%20wings%20commercial
_______________________________________________

And last but certainly not least, an oldie but a goodie...even if it features a certain Russian punk, making the music *that* much more appropriate.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9gqCGPgCbPU&search=Nike%20Hockey
|

3 Comments:

Blogger HockeyKnight said...

Okay.. those were great. I wish Crosby's commercial played here more often. I fail to see the Benny Hill reference. Maybe it's just you.

Secondly, the Bud Light bubble boys to this day still remain the all time greatest hockey commercial ever made. The one where the boys are taunting "Radio Robert" and he hits them in the head with a shot and says - "Punk!" That's priceless.

You couldn't find any other 4 letter network commercials from "Hockey Falls" promotion that they used a couple of years ago?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Stormbringer said...

Okay.. those were great. I wish Crosby's commercial played here more often. I fail to see the Benny Hill reference. Maybe it's just you.

The very ending scene, where all of the other zillion pick-up players are chasing after Cros...I could so see the Benny Hill theme working there, especially if that scene was extended. And the scary thing, such an idea would probably work better than all of the original Benny Hill chase scene endings combined.

You couldn't find any other 4 letter network commercials from "Hockey Falls" promotion that they used a couple of years ago?

Well, all of the commercials were posted this afternoon in the LiveJournal Hockey community. I too was quite surprised at none of the Hockey Falls ads being posted...was hoping to see the one about Gretzky being given the community key from his largest fan. ("Dude, he's freaking out the Great One.")

9:29 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I always loved the "Don't Fence me in" commercials with Naslund and Kovalchuk. I watched those a few years back on the Center Ice feeds and immediately fell in love with them.

I linked to the second spot of that commecial (with the goalie snagging the puck and jumping into the taxi) on my blog.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home